Taco Tomato Refried Beans
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Refritos, or refried beans, are cooked red or pinto beans that are mashed, then fried. Refried beans, high in fiber, are the best accompaniment to many classic Mexican recipes.
- Green bell pepper can be used in place of the green onions.
- While the beans are still very hot, sprinkle shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack over each serving and allow it to melt.
- 1/2 Cup Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 10); Total Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 640mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 6g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 6g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet