Taco Tomato Refried Beans
Old El Paso® Refried Beans with tomato and taco sauce - ready in just 15 minutes, becomes a perfect best accompaniment to many classic Mexican recipes.
15 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
- 1 (16-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Refritos, or refried beans, are cooked red or pinto beans that are mashed, then fried. Refried beans, high in fiber, are the best accompaniment to many classic Mexican recipes.
- Green bell pepper can be used in place of the green onions.
- While the beans are still very hot, sprinkle shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack over each serving and allow it to melt.