Taco Tortellini Salad
Looking for a tasty Mexican dinner using Kidney Beans and Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa? Then check out this great pasta veggie salad - ready in just 30 minutes.
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup purchased reduced-calorie thousand island salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, if desired
- Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine kidney beans, tomato, bell pepper and olives. In small bowl, combine salsa, salad dressing and cumin; mix well.
- Add cooked tortellini to salad mixture. Just before serving, pour salsa mixture over salad; stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
- To reduce fat, use nonfat thousand island dressing and baked tortilla chips.
- For a lightly spiced salad, use mild salsa. To turn up the heat, use hot salsa.
- Line the plates with tortilla chips; spoon the salad over the chips. Garnish each serving with fresh cilantro.