Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular white rice
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 1 cup canned seasoned black beans
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 1 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce, if desired
- 1/2 cup Mexican sour cream or sour cream
Recipe Continues Below
- Cook rice as directed on package. Stir in lime juice, cilantro and chicken, fluffing with fork. Meanwhile, heat beans as directed on can.
- Wrap tortillas between two paper towels. Microwave on High 30 seconds. Place 1 tortilla on work surface. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture on middle of tortilla. Top with beans, salsa and lettuce. Add sour cream on top.
- Fold edge of tortilla closest to you toward middle of mixture, repeat with edge farthest away. Starting with right side, begin to fold tortilla up slowly, ensuring that folded sides remain intact. Continue until burrito is completely enclosed. Cut in half before serving, wrapping in foil if desired.
- Save any leftover rotisserie chicken for use in Chicken Tinga Tacos or Tortilla Soup.
- Serve these burritos with chips, salsa and guacamole to round out the meal.
- 1 Serving Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 810mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 16g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet