Tater Tot™ Hot Dish Taco Bowls™
This Midwest classic hot dish gets a quick transformation into an easy pick-up version perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
35 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
- 5 cups Ore-Ida™ Tater Tots™ frozen potatoes (about 20 oz from 32-oz bag)
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Make Tater Tots™ frozen potatoes as directed on bag.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in soup. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Break up 2 Tater Tots™ in bottom of each bowl. Divide beef mixture among bowls. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over beef, and divide remaining Tater Tots™ over cheese. Garnish with green onions.
- Mini Tater Tots™ can be substituted for Tater Tots™ in this recipe for a different look. Ground turkey can be substituted in this recipe for ground beef.
NutritionCalories440(Calories from Fat220),Total Fat25g(Saturated Fat9g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol55mgSodium950mgTotal Carbohydrate34g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars3g),Protein19g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C2%;Calcium20%;Iron15%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.