Teriyaki Chicken Quesadillas
Prep 50 Minutes
Total 50 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups fully cooked deli chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained (from 6-oz can)
- 4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (from 11-oz package)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, mix Dipping Sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make Teriyaki Sauce: In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, gingerroot and Sriracha in oil 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not browned. Stir in soy sauce and brown sugar; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until sugar is melted, and mixture is bubbling. In small bowl, beat cornstarch and cold water with whisk; add to soy mixture. Cook 30 to 60 seconds, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to simmer and has thickened. Transfer to small heatproof bowl.
- To make Quesadillas, add chicken, pineapple and 1/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce to same skillet; heat over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is completely heated through.
- On half of each tortilla, layer 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture; top each with 2 tablespoons bell pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons green onion. Drizzle 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce over vegetables; fold tortillas in half. Brush top of each quesadilla with about 1/2 teaspoon of the oil.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in skillet, oil sides down; brush top sides with about 1/2 teaspoon of the oil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn quesadillas; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla in 4 pieces; serve with dipping sauce and extra teriyaki sauce.
- Want to save time? Use bottled teriyaki sauce instead of the homemade stuff.
- Amp up the heat by using 3 teaspoons of Sriracha in the dipping sauce for a little more zip.
- 1 Serving Calories 760 (Calories from Fat 430); Total Fat 48g (Saturated Fat 14g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 1880mg; Potassium 470mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 19g); Protein 38g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 45%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 3 Starch; 2 Very Lean Meat; 7 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet