Teriyaki Salmon Mini Taco Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 35 Minutes
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 fresh salmon fillets (4 oz each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame dressing
- Shredded carrots, julienned cucumbers, pickled ginger, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper; spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, rice vinegar, gingerroot and garlic over medium heat. Heat to a light boil. In small bowl, stir cornstarch and water until blended; pour into saucepan. Cook mixture 1 minute, stirring constantly. Heat to boiling; cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Cool 5 minutes.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on cookie sheet. Sprinkle evenly with pepper. Brush tops and sides of salmon with glaze. Bake 5 minutes. Generously brush with glaze. Bake 9 to 11 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining glaze.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Flake glazed salmon into big pieces; discard skin. Evenly divide cabbage among bowls. Top with salmon; drizzle each with 1/2 teaspoon dressing. Top with shredded carrots, julienned cucumbers and pickled ginger.
- Asian sesame dressing can be found in the salad dressing section of grocery stores. Substitute your favorite teriyaki sauce if unable to find.
- Pickled ginger is thinly sliced fresh young ginger that has been marinated in a sweet vinegar solution. It can be found in the Asian section of grocery stores.
- 2 Bowls Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 850mg; Potassium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 14g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet