Tex-Mex Hot Dogs
20 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 can (15 to 15.5 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce (from 9-oz bottle)
- 6 hot dog buns
- 6 all-beef kosher hot dogs
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce (from 9-oz bottle)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium.
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook and stir pinto beans and taco sauce over medium-low heat 2 to 4 minutes or until hot. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place hot dog buns and hot dogs on grill over medium heat. Cook buns, uncovered, 30 seconds to 1 minute or until lightly browned. Transfer to serving platter. Cook hot dogs, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes, turning frequently, until hot and lightly charred in spots.
- Place hot dogs in hot dog buns; top with beans, pico de gallo, avocado and creamy queso sauce.
- We used mild taco sauce for this recipe, but if you prefer a little more heat on your Tex-Mex Hot Dogs, you can substitute Old El Paso™ Medium Taco Sauce.
- We tested this recipe with kosher hot dogs, which contain no pork, but you can substitute with your favorite hot dog.
- Pickled jalapeño slices would also make a nice topping for this Tex-Mex Hot Dogs recipe.
1 Hot Dog Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 1080mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g); Protein 13g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2.5