Tex Mex Tailgate Dip Recipe
30 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 1/4 cups homemade guacamole, using Avocados from Mexico™ (see tip below)
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa (from 16-oz jar)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In small bowl, mix refried beans and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix. Spread about 3 tablespoons mixture in bottom of each of ten 6-oz custard cups or 9-oz clear plastic cups.
- Mix sour cream and green chiles; divide evenly among cups (about 2 tablespoons per cup). Top each with about 2 tablespoons each guacamole and salsa, slightly less than 1 tablespoon each cheese and lettuce, and a few olive slices.
- For great tasting homemade guacamole, try this easy version. In medium bowl, mix 3 pitted, peeled and diced ripe Avocados from Mexico™ with 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the juice of 1 lime. Smash with a potato masher or fork, and serve!
- This dip is delicious with veggies dipped in it as well; try celery, carrots, jicama, etc.
- Save remaining taco seasoning mix for another use.