- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ traditional refried beans
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup frozen cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes and avocados, if desired
Step 1 In medium bowl, mix beans, corn, rice, bread crumbs, onion, cilantro and taco seasoning mix. Shape mixture into 12 patties, using a heaping 1/4-cup scoop for each. Pat down gently so each patty is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes (for easier handling, refrigerate up to 2 hours).
Step 2 Heat 10- to 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil; cook 6 patties in oil, 3 minutes on each side, until nice brown crust forms. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
Step 3 Serve in lettuce leaves as wraps, with tomatoes and avocado.
NutritionCalories90(Calories from Fat30),Total Fat3 1/2g(Saturated Fat1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol0mgSodium230mgTotal Carbohydrate12g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars0g),Protein2g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium0%;Iron4%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsThese burgers are delicious with a drizzle of hot sauce. Yum!
These are also delicious on slider buns!