Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 4 Hours 25 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 cups 1-inch cubes seeded watermelon
Recipe Continues Below
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix lime juice, water and sugar. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, place watermelon. Cover; blend on high speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add lime juice mixture; blend until well mixed. Pour into ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Cover; freeze 1 hour.
- Scrape with fork to distribute ice crystals evenly. Every 30 minutes, repeat scraping procedure for at least 3 hours until mixture is consistency of fine ice crystals. Scoop into chilled dessert cups to serve.
- For a fun presentation, serve your Watermelon Granitas in unbreakable stemmed beverage glasses.
- A granita is an ice dessert made of a combination of water, sugar and liquid flavoring. Follow this Watermelon Granita recipe, and you'll end up with a dessert that's a bit grainier than a sorbet—very similar to a slush.
- 1 Cup Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 0); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Potassium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 16g); Protein 0g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet