Zesty Ranch Chicken Tacos
Chicken tacos are jazzed up with a creamy, Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch sauce coleslaw topping. Topped with fresh avocado and cilantro, these tacos are hard to beat!
20 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In medium bowl, mix Coleslaw ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center. Add taco seasoning mix and water; reduce heat, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide chicken among warm taco shells. Top evenly with cheese and coleslaw; top with avocado and cilantro.
- Garnish tacos with sliced jalapeños for a bit of spicy heat.
- If desired, serve drizzled with additional sauce.
- To easily assemble tacos, line heated shells in baking pan, and use tongs to add chicken and coleslaw to the shells. Continue with the remaining toppings, and they’ll all be ready to serve.
Nutrition5 servings (2 tacos each)
1 Serving Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 770mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 2g); Protein 28g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2