Herbed Sour Cream
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (from 8-oz package)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas
Step 1 Place Herbed Sour Cream ingredients in blender; cover and puree 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Step 2 Heat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix oil and 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix.
Step 3 In medium bowl, mix chicken, shredded cheese, cream cheese, chiles and remaining taco seasoning mix.
Step 4 Place slightly less than 1/4 cup chicken mixture on bottom third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly; place seam-side down in pan. Brush filled tortillas with oil mixture. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until filling is hot (at least 165°F) and flautas are crispy. Serve with Herbed Sour Cream.
NutritionCalories270(Calories from Fat160),Total Fat18g(Saturated Fat9g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol45mgSodium540mgTotal Carbohydrate17g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars4g),Protein9g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium10%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsHerbed Sour Cream can be made up to a day ahead; store covered in refrigerator.
We tested this recipe using deli shredded rotisserie chicken, but any leftover cooked chicken will work well.