Baked Cheesy Enchilada Chicken Penne
1 Hours 15 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta (3 3/4 cups)
- 12 oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ original cheese product, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (from 16-oz package)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Lime wedges, chopped fresh cilantro leaves and sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large microwavable bowl, mix cheese cubes, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and the milk. Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes; stir, then microwave in 30-second intervals until cheese melts and mixture is easily stirred smooth.
- Gently stir pasta into cheese sauce. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, butter and taco seasoning mix. Spoon over pasta mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until bubbling at edges (165°F in center). Top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with green onions. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
- The quick microwaved cheese sauce in this recipe is great for many other applications as well. Toss with cooked pasta and serve as is, drizzle over cooked potato nuggets, or serve with tortilla chips as an easy nacho cheese sauce.
- To keep this casserole family-friendly, we used Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce. If you prefer more of a kick, opt for Old El Paso™ medium or hot enchilada sauce.
Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 1190mg; Potassium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 29g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 40%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Very Lean Meat, 2 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2