Baked Cheesy Enchilada Chicken Penne
Prep 35 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta (3 3/4 cups)
- 12 oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ Original Cheese Product, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (from 16-oz package)
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4-Cheese Blend (2 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
Make it FRESH toppings, as desired
- Lime wedges
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time; drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large microwavable bowl, mix cheese cubes, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and the milk. Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes; stir, then microwave in 30-second increments until cheese melts and mixture is easily stirred smooth.
- Gently stir pasta into cheese sauce. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, butter and taco seasoning mix. Spoon over pasta mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until bubbling at edges (165°F in center). Top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with green onions. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- The quick microwaved cheese sauce in this chicken enchilada pasta recipe is great for many other applications. Toss with cooked pasta and serve as is, drizzle over cooked potato nuggets, or lay it out alongside tortilla chips as an easy nacho cheese sauce.
- To keep this casserole family friendly, we used Old El Paso™ Mild Enchilada Sauce. If you want to give your chicken enchilada pasta bake more of a kick, opt for Old El Paso™ Medium or Hot Enchilada Sauce.
- Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix can be used instead of the Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix.
- 1 Serving Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 13g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1190mg; Potassium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 8g); Protein 29g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 40%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet