Baked Chorizo Breakfast Burrito Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 55 Minutes
- 48 (about 3 1/3 cups) frozen seasoned shredded potato crowns (from 30-oz bag)
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (6 oz)
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chorizo Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. In 15x10x1-inch ungreased pan, spread frozen potatoes in single layer. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to plate. Wipe out bottom of pan.
- In same pan, place tortilla bowls standing up, next to each other. Divide 1 cup of the cheese among tortilla bowls. Top with potatoes (6 per tortilla bowl); set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; do not drain. Stir in water, taco seasoning mix and chiles; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Divide among tortilla bowls. Carefully wipe out skillet.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until set. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Divide among tortilla bowls.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until warmed. Top with sliced avocado, green onions and salsa. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- To slice avocado, cut in half and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Cut lengthwise into strips. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- Try a drizzle of hot sauce instead of salsa to add a nice kick to the burrito bowls.
- 1 Bowl Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 10g ,Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 185mg; Sodium 990mg; Potassium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet