Baked Crescent Churros
30 Minutes Total
- 12 Servings
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls (8 count)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press each to 6x4-inch rectangle, pressing perforations to seal.
- Brush tops of 2 rectangles with some of the melted butter; sprinkle with about half of the sugar mixture. Top each with remaining rectangle; press edges lightly. Brush tops with melted butter.
- With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle stack lengthwise into 6 strips. Twist each strip 3 times; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Brush tops with any remaining melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Traditional churros are strips of dough that are deep-fried and rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
- We simplified them by baking crescent dough strips and sprinkling with cinnamon-sugar--a quick way to a crispy, sugary treat!
Calories100(Calories from Fat50),Total Fat6g(Saturated Fat2 1/2g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol5mgSodium160mgTotal Carbohydrate10g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars3g),Protein1g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A0%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium0%;Iron4%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.