Beef and Bean Tostadas
Mexican dinner ready in 20 minutes! Serve tostadas made with Old El Paso® beans and chilies. Top it with beef mixture and lettuce flavored by salsa.
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 1 (16-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 1 (12-count) pkg. tostada shells
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (16-oz.) jar Old El Paso™ Homestyle Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 oz. (3/4 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine beans and chiles; mix well. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons bean mixture onto each tostada shell; place on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F. for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the salsa. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve tostada shells topped with hot beef mixture, shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and remaining salsa.
- Shred the lettuce, dice the tomato and shred the cheese; store them in separate plastic bags or small serving bowls in the refrigerator.
- To let each person build an individual tostada, set out additional toppings such as chopped red or green bell pepper, sliced ripe olives, sliced jalapeño peppers and light sour cream.
- Enjoy the tostadas with lime flavored sparkling water and end the meal with orange or lemon sorbet.
NutritionCalories400(Calories from Fat190),Total Fat21g(Saturated Fat8g,),Cholesterol60mgSodium1170mgTotal Carbohydrate31g(Dietary Fiber5g Sugars4g),Protein21g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium15%;Iron20%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.