Beef and Bean Tostadas
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 1 (12-count) pkg. tostada shells
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 oz. (3/4 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine beans and chiles; mix well. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons bean mixture onto each tostada shell; place on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F. for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the salsa. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve tostada shells topped with hot beef mixture, shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and remaining salsa.
- Shred the lettuce, dice the tomato and shred the cheese; store them in separate plastic bags or small serving bowls in the refrigerator.
- To let each person build an individual tostada, set out additional toppings such as chopped red or green bell pepper, sliced ripe olives, sliced jalapeño peppers and light sour cream.
- Enjoy the tostadas with lime flavored sparkling water and end the meal with orange or lemon sorbet.
- 1 Serving Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 8g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1170mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 5g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 21g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 15%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet