Beef Enchilada Mini Taco Bowls™
Love enchiladas but don’t like all the rolling and stuffing? Try these easy green chile beef enchilada-filled mini bowls -- all the flavor in a pick-up version!
35 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 10 Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas (1 sleeve from Party Pack)
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brush melted butter on all sides of bowls; place in 3-quart baking dish. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until brown and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp slightly as they cool.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Reserve 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce. Stir remaining enchilada sauce and green chiles into beef mixture; return to heat. Simmer mixture, uncovered, over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon filling into bowls; top with shredded cheese, and drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with green onions.
- Got a crowd to feed? This recipe is easily doubled to fill the full Party Pack of bowls. Use a 12-inch nonstick skillet, 2 baking dishes and double everything.
- Want more spice? Try medium or hot enchilada sauce.
NutritionCalories140(Calories from Fat70),Total Fat8g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol25mgSodium330mgTotal Carbohydrate9g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars0g),Protein7g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium8%;Iron4%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.