Beef Tortilla Casserole
An enchilada dinner kit creates a hearty beef casserole that's in the oven in just 20 minutes. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 box (14.2 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada dinner kit
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in both pouches enchilada sauce (from dinner kit), the seasoning mix (from dinner kit), water and chiles; heat until hot.
- In ungreased 11x7-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of the beef mixture. Cut tortillas (from dinner kit) in half. Place 6 tortilla halves on beef; spread with 1/2 cup of the sour cream. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese, 1 cup of the beef mixture and remaining 6 tortilla halves. Top with remaining sour cream, remaining beef mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. If desired, serve with additional sour cream, diced red bell pepper and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve a tossed salad wtih fruity chunks of pineapple, mango or oranges.