Beef Tortilla Casserole
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 50 Minutes
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 box (14.2 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada dinner kit
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in both pouches enchilada sauce (from dinner kit), the seasoning mix (from dinner kit), water and chiles; heat until hot.
- In ungreased 11x7-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of the beef mixture. Cut tortillas (from dinner kit) in half. Place 6 tortilla halves on beef; spread with 1/2 cup of the sour cream. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese, 1 cup of the beef mixture and remaining 6 tortilla halves. Top with remaining sour cream, remaining beef mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. If desired, serve with additional sour cream, diced red bell pepper and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve a tossed salad wtih fruity chunks of pineapple, mango or oranges.
Calories410(Calories from Fat230),Total Fat25g(Saturated Fat13g,Trans Fat1 1/2g),Cholesterol90mgSodium1000mgTotal Carbohydrate24g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars5g),Protein22g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium20%;Iron15%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.