Creamy Green Chile Slaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in thin matchsticks
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut in thin matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see tip)
Step 1 In blender, place mayonnaise, chiles, green onions, lemon juice and salt. Cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth. Pour into medium bowl. Add cabbage, bell pepper and celery; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
Step 2 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning mix, red pepper and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
Step 3 While chicken is cooking, heat bowls as directed on package. Divide slaw mixture among bowls; divide chicken mixture among bowls. Serve with toppings.
NutritionCalories280(Calories from Fat150),Total Fat17g(Saturated Fat3 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium630mgTotal Carbohydrate17g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars3g),Protein15g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C25%;Calcium4%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsIdeas for Make it FRESH toppings: celery leaves and diced fresh tomatoes.
The Creamy Green Chile Slaw can be prepared, then covered and refrigerated, 4 hours in advance.