Blackened Cajun Chicken Taco Bowls
Prep 35 Minutes
Total 35 Minutes
Creamy Green Chile Slaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in thin matchsticks
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut in thin matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see tip)
Recipe Continues Below
- In blender, place mayonnaise, chiles, green onions, lemon juice and salt. Cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth. Pour into medium bowl. Add cabbage, bell pepper and celery; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning mix, red pepper and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat bowls as directed on package. Divide slaw mixture among bowls ; divide chicken mixture among bowls. Serve with toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: celery leaves and diced fresh tomatoes.
- The Creamy Green Chile Slaw can be prepared, then covered and refrigerated, 4 hours in advance.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 630mg; Potassium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet