Build-Your-Own Nacho Board
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 2 Hours 40 Minutes
- 1 lb Kraft™ Velveeta™ Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles, undrained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken (about 4 cups)
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 bag (11 oz) tortilla chips (about 12 cups), any variety
Beans and Cheese
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans, heated as directed on can
- 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
Toppings, as desired
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo salsa
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced ripe olives
- Thin-sliced green onions
- Old El Paso™ Hot Jalapeño Slices
- Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- In 2- to 3-quart slow cooker, place cubed cheese, green chiles and milk. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 to 3 hours or until cheese is melted. Stir until smooth. Keep on Warm setting for serving.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook chicken, chicken taco seasoning mix and 1/4 cup water over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat. Place chicken in serving bowl; cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, carefully wipe out skillet. Heat over medium-high heat; add beef, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Drain. Stir in original taco seasoning mix and 2/3 cup water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Place beef in serving bowl; cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, arrange queso dip in slow cooker, chicken and beef in serving bowls, and chips in serving bowl on board. Place refried beans, cheese and Toppings in bowls; arrange on board. Top each serving of nachos as desired.
- Like a lot of fresh toppings? Start prepping and chopping your toppings ahead of time so the nacho board is ready to serve as soon as the meats are cooked.
- For best results, use at least 1% milk for the queso dip.
- Swap any of the topping options for your own favorites, like chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, black beans, corn, etc.
- 1 Serving Calories 740 (Calories from Fat 360); Total Fat 40g (Saturated Fat 17g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 160mg; Sodium 2080mg; Potassium 660mg; Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 8g); Protein 47g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 60%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet