Chicken Cilantro Lime Rice Skillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (6.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add rice and seasoning mix, water, beans and green chiles; stir to combine. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in chicken. Sprinkle cheese over top; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions, and serve.
- If you’d like to add a bit of heat to this chicken and rice skillet, try adding a seeded and chopped jalapeño to the skillet with the onions and bell pepper.
- Any of the other Old El Paso™ Shredded Cheeses can be substituted for the Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend.
About 1 1/2 Cups Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1260mg; Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 4g); Protein 34g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 30%; Iron 25%;
Exchanges: 4 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 4