Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Pockets
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8.4 oz) Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™ (8 Count), heated as directed on package
- 1/2 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center. Add chicken taco seasoning mix, chipotle chile powder and water; reduce heat, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Stuff tortilla pockets with chicken filling. Top with sauce, avocado, red onions and cilantro.
- Chipotle peppers are smoked and dried jalapeños. You can often find chipotle powder in the spice section of the grocery store.
- Don’t let a knife slip get in the way of enjoying avocados. Here’s how to cut an avocado safely: Cut in half, and remove pit with spoon. Next, use spoon to separate flesh from skin. Once free from skin, dice avocado as desired, then repeat with other half.
- Keep raw onions as fresh-tasting and crisp as possible by placing them in a strainer and running them under water for 20 to 30 seconds before using.
- 2 Pockets Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 1090mg; Potassium 530mg; Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 31g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet