Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
Blogger Angie McGowan of eclectic Recipes shares Chipotle Chicken Tostadas recipe.
10 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 hass avocados
- 1 package Old El Paso™ tostada shells
- 1 (15 oz) can Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh green onions
- 2 limes, cut in wedges, plus 1 whole lime
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add cubed chicken, chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Drizzle skillet with olive oil and add chicken. Cook for 10 – 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Halve avocados and remove pit. Scoop out flesh and mash with a fork in a small bowl to make guacamole. Add the juice from one of the limes and mix well.
- Heat re-fried beans until hot in a small saucepan. Spread beans on tostadas in a thin layer. Top with cubed cooked chicken and shredded cheese. Then top with lettuce, tomato, guacamole, fresh cilantro and green onions. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.