Creamy Bacon and Egg Breakfast Enchiladas
1 Hours 25 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 15 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- Cilantro leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add flour and taco seasoning mix; cook 2 minutes. Beat in chicken broth with whisk; heat to boiling. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook bacon 6 to 7 minutes over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and cumin with whisk until well blended. Cook in same skillet with drippings over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are set.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce over bottom of baking dish. Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup eggs, 1 tablespoon bacon and 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up. Place seam side down on sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Diced red onions and avocado make a nice garnish in addition to the cilantro.
- If would like to add a little more heat to your breakfast enchiladas, finely chop a serrano chile, and add to the onion in the sauce.
1 Serving: Calories 1070; Calories from Fat 650; Total Fat 72g; Saturated Fat 35g; Trans Fat 3g; Cholesterol 615mg; Sodium 2770mg; Potassium 580mg; Total Carbohydrate 57g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 10g; Protein 48g; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 70%, Iron 30% Exchanges:3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 1 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 7 1/2 Fat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.