Double Layer Tacos
This Double Layer Tacos recipe makes it easy to decide between crunchy or soft tacos; just have both. Layer your refried beans to create a double-decker taco between an Old El Paso™ Crunchy Taco Shell and an Old El Paso™ Soft Flour Tortilla then fill it with spicy, savory ground beef. Let everyone add their favorite taco toppings for a happy family all the way around the table.
40 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (4.6 oz) Old El Paso™ taco shells
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from two 8.2-oz packages)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans, heated
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat taco shells and flour tortillas as directed on packages.
- Spread 2 tablespoons heated refried beans on each flour tortilla. Place hard taco shell on center of flour tortilla and gently fold tortilla sides up to match taco shell sides.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture into each double-layer taco shell. Top with salsa, lettuce and cheese. Serve immediately.
- Cool off with a dessert of fresh melon slices and a scoop of mango sorbet.
NutritionCalories270(Calories from Fat110),Total Fat12g(Saturated Fat4 1/2g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol30mgSodium870mgTotal Carbohydrate29g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars1g),Protein13g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium15%;Iron15%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.