Double Layer Tacos
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso™ Crunchy Taco Shells (12 Count)
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from two 8.2-oz packages)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans, heated
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat taco shells and flour tortillas as directed on packages.
- Spread 2 tablespoons heated refried beans on each flour tortilla. Place hard taco shell on center of flour tortilla and gently fold tortilla sides up to match taco shell sides.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture into each double-layer taco shell. Top with salsa, lettuce and cheese. Serve immediately.
- Cool off with a dessert of fresh melon slices and a scoop of mango sorbet.
- 1 Taco Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 870mg; Potassium 110mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet