- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (at least 93%)
- 1 cans (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped (2/3 cups)
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
Step 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12-inch pizza pan or 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spread half of chips evenly on pan. Set aside.
Step 2 In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and green chiles. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until beef is thoroughly cooked and seasoning is well combined.
Step 3 Arrange half of beef mixture on chips. Top with half of other toppings. Repeat layers ending with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add additional FRESH toppings if desired.
NutritionCalories300(Calories from Fat150),Total Fat17g(Saturated Fat8g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol60mgSodium590mgTotal Carbohydrate17g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein19g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium20%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.