Easy Cheesy Mexican Potatoes Foil Pack
45 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add cut potatoes, green chiles, oil and taco seasoning mix to medium bowl; stir until evenly coated. Place equal amount of mixture on center of each sheet of foil.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F). Cover grill; cook 12 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 12 to 14 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Remove packs from grill, cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil, and sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Top with desired fresh toppings.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: salsa, sour cream and green onions.
- Baby Yukon potatoes can be halved and used in place of regular Yukon potatoes.
1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 520mg; Potassium 510mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 6g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2