Easy Cheesy Mexican Potatoes Foil Pack
Foil packs are an easy way to cook for your crowd, and these cheesy Mexican potatoes will not disappoint. Yukon potatoes pair up with taco seasoning, green chiles and plenty of cheese to provide a perfect side for any meal.
15 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add cut potatoes, green chiles, oil and taco seasoning mix to medium bowl; stir until evenly coated. Place equal amount of mixture on center of each sheet of foil.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F). Cover grill; cook 12 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 12 to 14 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Remove packs from grill, cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil, and sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Top with desired fresh toppings.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: salsa, sour cream and green onions.
- Baby Yukon potatoes can be halved and used in place of regular Yukon potatoes.