Easy Chicken Tostada Salads
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 8 tostada shells from 1 box (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Tostada Shells (12 Count)
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb), cooked, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded taco-seasoned cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Recipe Continues Below
- On each of 4 plates, place 2 tostada shells, slightly overlapping.
- Top tostada shells with remaining ingredients. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
- Kidney beans or pinto beans can be substituted for the black beans.
- Look for already-shredded lettuce in the produce department.
- Use refrigerated grilled beef strips, cut into pieces, instead of the chicken. Add a little heat kick by using Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers instead of the taco-seasoned cheese.
- 1 Serving Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 7g ,Trans Fat 3g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 740mg; Potassium 560mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 8g ,Sugars 7g); Protein 26g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet