Easy Fish Tacos
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 1 package (10 to 12 oz) breaded or battered fish fillets (6 fillets)
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso™ Crunchy Taco Shells (12 Count)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 packet (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 6 cups coleslaw mix (from 16-oz bag)
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Bake fish fillets as directed on package. Cut each fillet into bite-size pieces.
- Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box.
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise and seasoning mix; stir in coleslaw mix. Let stand 5 minutes. Fill shells with fish pieces and coleslaw mixture; top with taco sauce.
- While the taco shells are baking, heat some Old El Paso™ refried beans to serve with the finished tacos.
- Skip the coleslaw mix and mayo and jazz up your Easy Fish Tacos with slaw. Purchase 2 pints of creamy coleslaw at the supermarket deli and stir in the taco seasoning mix.
- Add bright citrus flavor by topping the finished fish tacos with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- 2 Tacos Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 3g ,Trans Fat 3g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 1000mg; Potassium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 7g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 8%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet