Easy Microwave Chicken Enchiladas
After only one taste of these microwave enchiladas, you will find yourself wondering why you’ve never thought to bake homemade enchiladas in the microwave before! In just 20 minutes, get this delicious dinner on the table without any unnecessary hassle or stress. These cheesy chicken enchiladas are packed with delicious ingredients - Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce, Old El Paso™ Taco seasoning, rotisserie chicken and of course tons of Mexican cheese! Garnish these traditional-style enchiladas with cilantro and sour cream to give them the perfect finishing touch.
10 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon (from 0.85-oz package) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, the chicken, seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) microwavable baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom of dish. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, fill with heaping 1/4 cup chicken mixture, and roll to seal; place in baking dish seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Microwave uncovered on High 9 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Garnish with cilantro; serve with sour cream.
- This recipe uses our mild sauce that is packed with flavor without being too spicy. If you want to add a little heat to this recipe, use either Old El Paso™ medium or hot enchilada sauce instead of mild.
- Our preference is to use a Mexican cheese blend for the additional flavor from the combination of cheese, but you can also use shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese if you don’t have Mexican cheese available.
- If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, use it the next day to make quick and easy Chicken Quesadillas!
- Keep your guests happy by making a delicious Mexican taco salad dip appetizer to enjoy before dinner. As a bonus, this recipe is made in the microwave too! We love this easy and delicious dip that is easy to assemble and only takes about 10 minutes of total microwave cooking time.
1 Serving Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 250, Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 125mg; Sodium 1390mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g); Protein 33g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 40%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 2 High-Fat, 2 Fat