Easy Microwave Chicken Enchiladas
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon from 1 packet (.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, the chicken, seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) microwavable baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom of dish. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, fill with heaping 1/4 cup chicken mixture, and roll to seal; place in baking dish seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Microwave uncovered on High 9 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Garnish with cilantro; serve with sour cream.
- This recipe is family friendly but can be easily spiced up using either Old El Paso™ medium or hot enchilada sauce in lieu of mild.
- Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for Mexican cheese blend in this recipe, if desired.
- When you’re tight on time but still want a warm, satisfying meal, this recipe really comes in handy. It has all the Mexican flavor you crave in enchiladas but is ready in minutes. Trust us, after preparing these enchiladas in the microwave you’ll never go through the hassle of baking them in the oven again. Life is too short and this microwave version is that good.
- 1 Serving Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 250); Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 15g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 125mg; Sodium 1390mg; Potassium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 33g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 40%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet