Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos
These Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos is easy to make, perfect for a crowd, and sure to please. It doesn’t get easier or more delicious for family Mexican Night!
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken, shredded (I used cooked Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso™ Hot and Spicy Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells
- 1/2 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- Toppings such as Old El Paso ™ Sliced Jalapeños, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, or any of your favorite taco toppings!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil. (I originally made this by spraying the pan with non stick spray. That is totally fine to do, but using foil can help in keeping the shells crisp.)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and green chiles. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on each side.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell. Sprinkle each shell generously with shredded cheese, the more the better!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite items such as jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.