Elote Chicken Tacos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 package (16 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- 1/2 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Spicy Queso Blanco Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add frozen corn, salt and red pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until corn begins to brown on edges and is steaming hot. Transfer to medium bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Place same skillet over medium-high heat; add remaining tablespoon of oil. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes without moving. Turn chicken; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, until no longer pink in center. Add taco seasoning mix and water; reduce heat, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide corn among warm tortilla bowls; top with chicken. Drizzle with Old El Paso™ Spicy Queso Blanco Sauce. Top evenly with cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Drizzle with your favorite hot sauce for extra heat.
- Rinsed and drained canned corn can be used in place of frozen corn.
- Top with sliced green onions for extra flavor.
- Drink responsibly. Corona Light® Beer. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL
- 1 Serving Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 610mg; Potassium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet