Green Chile Creamy Chicken Taco Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 4 Hours 20 Minutes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 4 oz plain cream cheese
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Cover with tomatoes, taco seasoning mix and chiles. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 1/2 hours or on Low heat setting 7 hours. Shred chicken. Place cream cheese over chicken. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, heat tortilla bowls and prepare toppings. Stir chicken mixture; portion into tortilla bowls, and serve with toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: pickled red onion, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 630mg; Potassium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 18g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet