Grilled Chicken Torta Sliders
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 packet (.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (3/4 lb)
- 8 slider buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup from 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 slices (1 oz each) Monterey Jack cheese, quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix oil and taco seasoning mix. Rub chicken breasts with oil mixture.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut each breast in quarters.
- Meanwhile, brush cut sides of buns with melted butter and place, cut sides down, on grill. Cook 30 to 60 seconds or until cut sides are browned. Turn, and grill 30 to 60 seconds longer or until grill marks appear. Place beans in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until softened and easy to stir. Spread bottom bun halves with beans. Top with avocado, then top with chicken.
- Top chicken with cheese, remaining ingredients and tops of buns.
- Craving a little more heat? Use pepper Jack cheese in this chicken torta slider recipe.
- Wondering how to properly cut green onions for these Grilled Chicken Torta Sliders? Cutting green onions on the bias is easier (since they don’t roll around your cutting board), and they come out looking beautiful, with a slender slaw-like appearance.
- 1 Serving Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 470mg; Potassium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet