Grilled Chicken Torta Sliders
Get your torta on with these simple, fresh, party-sized chicken sandwiches.
40 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (3/4 lb)
- 8 slider buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 slices (1 oz each) Monterey Jack cheese, quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix oil and taco seasoning mix. Rub chicken breasts with oil mixture.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut each breast in quarters.
- Meanwhile, brush cut sides of buns with melted butter and place, cut sides down, on grill. Cook 30 to 60 seconds or until cut sides are browned. Turn, and grill 30 to 60 seconds longer or until grill marks appear. Place beans in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until softened and easy to stir. Spread bottom bun halves with beans. Top with avocado, then top with chicken.
- Top chicken with cheese, remaining ingredients and tops of buns.
- Craving a little more heat? Opt for pepper Jack cheese.
- Cutting green onions on the bias is easier (since they don’t roll around your cutting board) and are more beautiful, providing a slender slaw-like appearance.
NutritionCalories240(Calories from Fat110),Total Fat12g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol35mgSodium470mgTotal Carbohydrate19g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars2g),Protein15g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C2%;Calcium10%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.