Grilled Mexican Chicken Caesar Tacos
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 20 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1/3 cup bottled Caesar salad dressing
- 1/3 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix oil and taco seasoning mix. Add chicken; seal bag. Shake until chicken is evenly coated. If not grilling immediately, place in refrigerator to marinate, up to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F). Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Transfer to cutting board, and cover loosely with foil; let rest 5 minutes, then chop.
- Divide lettuce and chicken among heated taco shells; drizzle with dressing. Top with tomato, corn and cheese. Serve with lime wedges.
- Two tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese can be substituted for the queso fresco.
- This recipe also tastes great in Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls.
- Use whatever kind of cooked corn you prefer. Canned, cooked frozen or cooked fresh corn all work well.
- 1 Taco Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 380mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet