Grilled Steak Burrito Bowls
Prep 35 Minutes
Total 40 Minutes
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Adobo Steak Burrito Bowl Kit
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In 2-quart saucepan, add rice (from burrito bowl kit), water and butter. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix seasoning mix (from burrito bowl kit) and oil. Brush half of the seasoning mixture onto onion rounds. Brush remaining half of seasoning mixture onto both sides of steak.
- Place onions, steak and corn on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 9 to 11 minutes, turning once, until vegetables are tender and steak is cooked to desired doneness (at least 145°F internal temperature). Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin strips across the grain. Cut kernels from ears of corn. Discard cobs. Roughly chop grilled onion rounds.
- Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with steak, corn, onions, Cotija cheese, cilantro and queso blanco sauce (from burrito bowl kit). Serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Cotija cheese is a salty, crumbly Mexican cheese.
- To make the onion rounds easier to handle on the grill, try inserting a toothpick into the sides toward the middle. This will help them hold together as you turn them.
- 1 Bowl Calories 610 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 1330mg; Potassium 730mg; Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 7g); Protein 36g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet