Grilled Taco Chicken Drumsticks
Try this easy twist on grilled chicken drumsticks—seasoned with taco seasoning and served with a taco ranch dipping sauce. Get your chicken on!
15 Minutes Prep
1 Hour Total
- 2 packages (0.85 oz each) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon (from 1-oz package) ranch dip mix
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix, the ranch dip mix, sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the green onions; stir to completely blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Rub drumsticks with remaining taco seasoning mix (from both packages). Place chicken on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F); cover grill. Cook 30 to 40 minutes, turning every 6 to 7 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish drumsticks with remaining tablespoon of green onions; serve with dressing.
- If legs are browning too quickly, lower heat and grill until internal temperature is reached.
- Want a little spice? Serve with your favorite hot sauce.