Grilled Taco Chicken Drumsticks
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 1 Hours
- 2 packages (0.85 oz each) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon (from 1-oz package) ranch dip mix
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 12 chicken drumsticks
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix, the ranch dip mix, sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the green onions; stir to completely blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Rub drumsticks with remaining taco seasoning mix (from both packages). Place chicken on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F); cover grill. Cook 30 to 40 minutes, turning every 6 to 7 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish drumsticks with remaining tablespoon of green onions; serve with dressing.
- If legs are browning too quickly, lower heat and grill until internal temperature is reached.
- Want a little spice? Serve with your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 Serving Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 450mg; Potassium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet