Instant Pot® Cilantro-Lime Rice
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Recipe Continues Below
- In large bowl, place rice. Cover with cold water; stir and drain, using fine mesh strainer. Repeat two times.
- Into 6-quart Instant Pot® insert, place drained rice. Add 1 1/2 cups water and the salt to Instant Pot® insert; stir to combine.
- Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL; let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure. Remove lid; fluff rice with fork.
- Add cilantro, green onions, lime juice and butter. Stir gently to combine.
- Try adding a spoonful or two of this Instant Pot™ rice to your favorite burrito filling.
- Before making cilantro-lime rice in the Instant Pot®, rinse your rice before adding it. This removes any excess starches from the outside of the rice, ensuring a light and fluffy texture when cooked.
- Instant Pot® Cilantro-Lime Rice is a great shortcut to delicious rice, but if you love the classic stovetop method, try our Enchilada Rice. Old El Paso™ Old El Paso™ Mild Enchilada Sauce and Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles bring this rice recipe to life with bold flavor.
- Love Instant Pot® lime rice? Try Old El Paso™ Spanish Rice for an all-in-one Spanish-style rice that includes the perfect blend of rice and spices. This item is a favorite side for beef, chicken, pork or fish.
- 2/3 Cup Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 220mg; Potassium 65mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 4g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet