Instant Pot® King Ranch Chicken Pasta
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ creamy mushroom soup
- 2 1/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Serve with, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Sour cream
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 6-quart Instant Pot® insert with cooking spray. Mix soup, broth, tomatoes, chiles and taco seasoning mix in insert.
- Stir in chicken and pasta. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 7 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- Immediately stir mixture 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is completely separated. Pasta will appear to be stuck together but will separate while stirring. Stir in cheese. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Like it hot? Serve with Mexican hot sauce or chopped pickled jalapeños.
- Chicken thighs stay moist and tender in the Instant Pot®, making them a better choice than chicken breasts for this recipe.
- 1 Serving Calories 600 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 130mg; Sodium 1380mg; Potassium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 39g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 30%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet