Instant Pot™ King Ranch Chicken Pasta
This cheesy Tex-Mex chicken pasta dinner is high on flavor and low on effort. Just stir it all together in the Instant Pot™, and you’ll have dinner in no time.
10 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ creamy mushroom soup
- 2 1/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, crushed tortilla chips and sour cream, as desired
- Spray 6-quart Instant Pot™ insert with cooking spray. Mix soup, broth, tomatoes, chiles and taco seasoning mix in insert.
- Stir in chicken and pasta. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 7 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- Immediately stir mixture 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is completely separated. Pasta will appear to be stuck together but will separate while stirring. Stir in cheese. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Like it hot? Serve with Mexican hot sauce or chopped pickled jalapeños.
- Chicken thighs stay moist and tender in the Instant Pot™, making them a better choice than chicken breasts for this recipe.