Loaded Chicken Totchos
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 1 bag (32 oz) Ore-Ida™ Tater Tots™ Frozen Potatoes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4-Cheese Blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line large rimmed pan with cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes in pan. Bake as directed on bag, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix chiles, oil, water and taco seasoning mix. Stir in chicken.
- Sprinkle potatoes with 1 cup of the cheese; top with chicken mixture. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 7 to 9 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and chicken mixture is hot.
- Top with sauce, tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with crema Mexicana.
- For spicy chicken Tater Tots™ nachos, opt for Old El Paso™ Shredded 3-Pepper Cheese Blend instead of the Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4-Cheese Blend.
- We tested this chicken totchos recipe using deli rotisserie chicken, but any leftover cooked chicken or turkey will work well.
- To avoid losing any of those tasty toppings, arrange potatoes closely together before adding the cheese and chicken mixture.
- 1 Serving Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1110mg; Potassium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet