Margarita Grilled Chicken Breasts
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked white rice, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from orange; grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from lime. Cut orange and lime in half; set aside.
- In gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix orange and lime peels, tequila, honey, oil and taco seasoning mix. Add chicken; seal bag. Shake until chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Discard any remaining marinade. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place halved orange and lime, cut sides down, on grill. Cook 3 to 6 minutes, until cut side is charred. Cool slightly, then cut into wedges.
- Top chicken with cilantro; serve with charred citrus wedges and rice.
- Obviously, the best pairing for this meal is its namesake -- serve with a cool, fresh margarita!
- Want even more authentic tequila flavor? Use agave nectar in place of the honey.
- 1 Serving Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 210mg; Potassium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 38g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 5 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet