Margarita Grilled Chicken Breasts
Classic fresh margarita flavors take a spin on the grill with these succulent chicken breasts.
10 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked white rice, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from orange; grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from lime. Cut orange and lime in half; set aside.
- In gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix orange and lime peels, tequila, honey, oil and taco seasoning mix. Add chicken; seal bag. Shake until chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Discard any remaining marinade. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place halved orange and lime, cut sides down, on grill. Cook 3 to 6 minutes, until cut side is charred. Cool slightly, then cut into wedges.
- Top chicken with cilantro; serve with charred citrus wedges and rice.
- Obviously, the best pairing for this meal is its namesake -- serve with a cool, fresh margarita! Want even more authentic tequila flavor? Use agave nectar in place of the honey.
NutritionCalories250(Calories from Fat60),Total Fat7g(Saturated Fat1 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol105mgSodium210mgTotal Carbohydrate8g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars4g),Protein38g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium4%;Iron8%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.