Mile High Salsa Pie
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 40 Minutes
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef or chopped boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (8.4 oz) Old El Paso™ Soft Taco Bake™ Dinner Kit
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef or chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in seasoning mix (from dinner kit), water and half of the cheese sauce (from dinner kit). Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-high. Simmer uncovered 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in kidney beans and remaining cheese sauce; heat until hot.
- In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 1 tortilla (from dinner kit). Layer with 1/4 of the salsa, beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers, using up ingredients and ending with cheese on top.
- Cover; bake 17 to 22 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Complement the dinner pie with mango and pineapple slices.
- 1 Serving Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 1260mg; Potassium 360mg; Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 25g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet