The ultimate in no-brainer nachos! By Betty Crocker Kitchens
5 Minutes Prep
- 28 tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, if desired
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety)
- Heat oven to 400º F. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and chilies.
- Bake about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with salsa. Serve hot.
- Red or blue tortilla chips, often available in the organic section of your local market, add a colorful twist to this recipe.
- Pump up the heat with a can of hot chopped green chilies.
- To microwave each serving, arrange 7 tortilla chips in a circle on a microwavable paper plate.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over chips. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green chilies. Microwave uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Top with 1 tablespoon salsa.
NutritionCalories170 (Calories from Fat110 ),Total Fat12 g(Saturated Fat6 g,),Cholesterol25 mgSodium320 mgTotal Carbohydrate9 g(Dietary Fiber1 g),Protein8 g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C2%;Calcium20%;Iron4%;
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.