Prep 5 Minutes
Total Time 10 Minutes
- 28 tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, if desired
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and chilies.
- Bake about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with salsa. Serve hot.
- Red or blue tortilla chips, often available in the organic section of your local market, add a colorful twist to this recipe.
- Pump up the heat with a can of hot chopped green chilies.
- To microwave each serving, arrange 7 tortilla chips in a circle on a microwavable paper plate. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over chips. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green chilies. Microwave uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Top with 1 tablespoon salsa.
- 1 serving Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 110 ); Total Fat 12 g (Saturated Fat 6 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 320 mg; Potassium 90 mg; Total Carbohydrate 9 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 8 g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 20%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet