Quick and Easy Beef Tacos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 1/4 cups from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1 1/4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce
- 1 bottle (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide warmed beef mixture among heated taco shells. Top with cheese, lettuce, avocado, pico de gallo and taco sauce. Top with crema.
- To dice avocado, cut in half, and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees, and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- Try drizzling Old El Paso™ Medium Taco Sauce for more heat on these easy beef tacos. For a bold crunchy taco, try Old El Paso™ Bold Nacho Cheese Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells or Old El Paso™ Bold Ranch Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells.
- Try Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend to replace Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend for even more of a spicy kick to these tacos.
- Now that you know how to make beef tacos, add a few twists like this Cheesy Queso Beef Tacos recipe. Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce is the answer for all you queso lovers out there.
- 2 Tacos Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 260); Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 12g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 860mg; Potassium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 5g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 24g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet