Sheet-Pan Chicken Fajita Bowls
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 55 Minutes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans (from 16-oz can), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 18x13-inch rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the oil, the cumin, coriander and salt. Add bell pepper and onion; toss to coat. Pour vegetable mixture in pan. Roast 15 minutes. Stir vegetables on pan.
- Meanwhile, in same bowl, mix chicken, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the taco seasoning mix; toss to coat. Add chicken to pan with vegetables. Roast 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Divide beans among bowls. Divide chicken and vegetables among bowls. Top with cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- This easy fajita bowl recipe lets you cook and prep all at once. Heat the oven while you prep the veggies. Roast the veggies while you prep the chicken. Then roast the chicken while you prep the taco fillings and toppings.
- To give your chicken fajita taco bowl even more fajita flair, serve with Mexican rice, guacamole and your favorite salsa.
- 1 Bowl Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 650mg; Potassium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 20g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet