Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Lime Slaw
25 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/4 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, tail shells removed
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 box (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ Hint of Lime flavored taco shells, heated as directed on box
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the mayonnaise, lime peel, sugar, salt and red pepper. Add cabbages and cilantro; stir to coat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix shrimp, taco seasoning mix and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice; stir to coat.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet, reserving juices, and place on cutting board; coarsely chop.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook reserved juices in skillet 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Return shrimp to skillet; stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- Divide shrimp filling among warm taco shells; top with slaw.
- A shrimp's size is measured by the number of individual shrimp it takes to make up a pound. Medium-size shrimp are usually labeled 36/41, meaning there are between 36 and 41 of this size shrimp in a pound.
- Adding both red and green cabbage to the slaw gives it a lovely appearance, but if you only have one type of cabbage on hand, it’s ok to use just one color.
- If you want to add some extra zip to these tacos, try a drizzle of Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce on top of the coleslaw.
1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 320mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 11g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1