Slow-Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bean Dip
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 3 Hours 15 Minutes
- 2 cans (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 8 oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ prepared cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Tortilla chips, as desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 3- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix beans, enchilada sauce, chicken and taco seasoning mix. Stir in the cubed cheese. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until bubbling. Stir.
- Top with shredded cheese, tomatoes and green onions. Serve with chips.
- When using fresh tomatoes out of peak season, opt for Roma tomatoes. They are consistently better than other varieties during the winter and spring months.
- Like it hot? Use medium enchilada sauce for this slow cooker chicken enchilada dip.
- Make it your own! Use cooked turkey instead of chicken, opt for spicy pepper Jack cheese instead of the Mexican cheese blend or top with additional fresh ingredients, like cilantro or sliced jalapeños.
- Shopping for ingredients for this slow cooker enchilada dip? When using fresh tomatoes out of peak season, opt for Roma tomatoes. They are consistently better than other varieties during the winter and spring months.
- 2/3 Cup Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 890mg; Potassium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 20%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet