Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Tacos
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 4 Hours 20 Minutes
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 cup from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1 bottle (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana, if desired
- Lime wedges, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over chicken. Stir in enchilada sauce. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker; mix well with cooking liquid.
- Heat tortilla bowls as directed on package. Divide warmed chicken mixture among heated tortilla bowls. Top with cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo. Top with sour cream, and serve with lime wedges.
- Try adding more fresh toppings to your slow-cooker shredded chicken tacos, like chopped avocado or sliced green onion.
- Want a little more heat? Try Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix, such as Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix, to give these easy slow-cooker shredded chicken tacos a different flavor.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 800mg; Potassium 270mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 30g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet