Spanish Rice Skillet Meal
Looking for a hearty Spanish dinner? Then try this skillet meal made using Old El Paso® Rice and burger crumbles - ready in 35 minutes.
10 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
- 1 (7.6-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso™ Spanish Rice
- 1 cup frozen soy-protein burger crumbles (from 12-oz. pkg.)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In medium skillet or saucepan, combine rice, contents of seasoning mix packet, frozen protein crumbles, water, margarine and tomato paste; stir until well mixed. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; uncover. Sprinkle cheese over top. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until moisture is absorbed and cheese is melted.
- One-half pound of browned lean ground beef can be used in place of Harvest Burgers.
- To spice up this recipe, use pepper Jack cheese in place of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- To transform this recipe into a quick hand-held supper, roll the cooked rice mixture in soft flour tortillas.