Spanish Rice Skillet Meal
35 Minutes Total
- 2 Servings
- 1 (7.6-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso™ Spanish Rice
- 1 cup frozen soy-protein burger crumbles (from 12-oz. pkg.)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium skillet or saucepan, combine rice, contents of seasoning mix packet, frozen protein crumbles, water, margarine and tomato paste; stir until well mixed. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; uncover. Sprinkle cheese over top. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until moisture is absorbed and cheese is melted.
- One-half pound of browned lean ground beef can be used in place of Harvest Burgers.
- To spice up this recipe, use pepper Jack cheese in place of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- To transform this recipe into a quick hand-held supper, roll the cooked rice mixture in soft flour tortillas.
Calories600(Calories from Fat140),Total Fat16g(Saturated Fat6g,),Cholesterol25mgSodium1730mgTotal Carbohydrate91g(Dietary Fiber6g Sugars4g),Protein24g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium40%;Iron35%; Exchanges:6 Starch; 6 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.