- 1 lb. Flank Steak
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 ounce) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- large bag STURDY tortilla chips
- 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- guacamole, sour cream, more cilantro, and pico de gallo for garnish (optional)
Step 1 Place olive oil, taco seasoning, lime juice, green chiles, cilantro, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined and smooth. Place flank steak in a large ziplock bag and pour in the marinade, reserving a bit of marinade for the veggies. Place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 24 hours.
Step 2 After 24 hours, take out steak and cook in a skillet on high for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through to your liking. Remove steak from skillet and cut into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
Step 3 In the same skillet, toss in the green pepper, onion, and red pepper. Pour in the marinade you saved. Saute on medium/high heat for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender. Place on a plate and set aside.
Step 4 In the same skillet, add the tortilla chips. Top with half the cheese, then the peppers/onion mixture, then steak, then the rest of the cheese. Top with pico de gallo and cilantro.
Step 5 You can broil the nachos in your oven on high for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly, or cook on the stovetop until cheese is melted.
Step 6 Serve topped with sour cream, guacamole, and more cilantro.